Logistic Supervisor and Field Material Control
Maniglao, GU 96921
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, direct, or coordinate purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manage local forwarder, logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
2. Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
· Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
· Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
· Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
· Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
· Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
· Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
· Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
· Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
· Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
· Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.